Recover lost passwords for Word
Passware is the No. 1 tool for removing password protection from Word documents
Passware Word Key is a fast and easy-to-use solution to remove password protection from Word documents.
Removes restrictions instantly
Supports all versions
Recovers open passwords
Saves recovery progress
Easy to use
Common use cases
- There is a need to open an old file that hasn’t been used for a while.
- Employee leaves the company and many files remain protected.
- People often forget their passwords.
- There is a need to access important files or financial documents left behind by a family member.
Our password recovery tools have been used in high profile investigations for more than 20 years. Now available for public use!
Professional tool. Free Demo.
Download the Passware Word Key free demo for Microsoft Windows. The demo version recovers passwords containing no more than 3 characters. View .
Money Back Guarantee
Passware provides a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee when any product does not function as advertised. Passware stands by its products and provides its customers with the most reliable and up-to-date password recovery solutions as well as excellent customer support service.
- Products must be returned within 30 days from the date of their purchase.
- Customers are required to produce evidence of the problem, e.g. screenshots, sample files, etc. upon request of a Passware Customer Support representative.
- Full purchase prices are refunded, excluding shipping costs.
NOTE: For some types of files, such as MS Office 2007-2013 documents, RAR archives, and other types marked as "Brute-force Recovery" in the specifications table, the password recovery process is time-consuming. In this case, only the password recovery speed is guaranteed, but the time required to check all the passwords for this file depends on the password settings. Therefore, a long password recovery process is not a reason for a refund.
Single-use products (marked "for one file only") are non-refundable, regardless of the refund reason.
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Server 2003/2008/2012/2016, or Windows 7/8.x/10 (64-bit only) installed and configured
- 1 GHz processor (2.4 GHz recommended)
- 1 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 1 GB of free hard disk space (more if you use custom dictionaries)
Passware software supports PC platforms only. However, it can recover passwords for some FileMaker files created on Macintosh. You can run Passware products on a Virtual PC or Parallels Desktop to unprotect your files. For Windows Key, a Windows Setup CD (32-bit or 64-bit) is required, as well as a burning CD-RW drive in order to record a password reset CD instead of the USB disk.