Passware Word Key
Passware Word Key Demo
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Server 2003/2008/2012, or Windows 7/8.x/10 (32-bit or 64-bit) installed and configured on your system
- 1 GHz processor (2.4 GHz recommended)
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 150 MB of free hard disk space (more if you use custom dictionaries)
Passware software supports PC platforms only. However, it can recover passwords for some FileMaker files created on Macintosh. You can run Passware products on a Virtual PC or Parallels Desktop to unprotect your files. For Windows Key, a Windows Setup CD (32-bit or 64-bit) is required, as well as a burning CD-RW drive in order to record a password reset CD instead of the USB disk. To acquire a physical memory image of the target computer using Passware FireWire Memory Imager (used to recover BitLocker, TrueCrypt, PGP, MS Office encryption keys, Windows and Mac user passwords, and website logins), a FireWire cable is required. Both the target computer and the computer used for acquisition should have FireWire (IEEE 1394) ports. A USB flash drive for Passware FireWire Memory Imager should be 8 GB or more.
- Demo recovers either the first three characters of passwords or passwords containing no more than three characters
- Demo allows each of the attack types to work for up to one minute
- Word 2007-2013 uses an industry-strength AES encryption algorithm that makes password search speed slow. An average PC can expect to see: 400-800 passwords per second.
- Word Key will not work on documents created with restricted permission using the "Information Rights Service for Microsoft Office".